Thursday, July 31, 2008

The music isn't that dead...

I'm not sure now how close my iPod is to death. I think that most of the sync issues (and the iPod being wiped clean) were caused by having my phone plugged in at the same time, iTunes seems to get confused and writes enough to the iPod to erase the library file, but tries to write the new library to the phone (which doesn't work). As long as the phone isn't plugged in, things seem to sync OK this week. (I know over the weekend though that I did a number of syncs without the phone plugged into the PC, and the iPod was still corrupted...).

However, as I'm listening to music I'm hearing all sorts of bad glitches... The music generally plays, but there are noticeable audio dropouts and clicks in almost everything I listen to. When I check the same files on the PC, they are OK - so there does seem to be some ongoing hard disk problems...

I could say that I've been through a rollercoaster of emotions this week - thinking that my music player was kaput, then its back, then back to somewhere in the middle... I'm not that attached to the thing though - I do need the music to be productive at work - things seem empty without music while I'm typing. However, in the big scheme of things, my family is a lot more important than a silly piece of glass and plastic, so I'm not exactly shedding tears over the thing...

No comments: